Thursday, July 2, 2009

Internet Safety

I have personally never run into an internet safety issue before, but as I watch the news and hear more and more about problems that come up I am concerned about it. I believe it is a big problem today and as helpful and exciting as the internet can be, it can also be a hinderance as well. Personally, I get concerned about people accesing my banking accounts and accessing my passwords and pin numbers. I think students today have to be the most careful. As a teacher I notice that students spend lots of time on facebook and my space. They post all of their personal information and instant message. I don't think their parents are aware of all the personal information the students are putting out there and it concerns me. I am also concerned about using them at school. I think it would be exciting, but will students be putting too much information about themselves out there.

1 comment:

  1. Yes - I've seen some facebook profile pics from college girls (students of mine) that are really inappropriate and not what I'd consider safe, even tho I'm not a real worrywart or prude about those issues. These issues make for great classroom discussion.

    ReplyDelete